To identify the prevalence of Acute-on-chronic liver failure in Zagazig University Hospitals.
The question of the research:
How much the prevalence of Acute-on-chronic Liver Failure in Zagazig University Hospitals?
The aim of the work:
The aim of the study is to identify the presence of Acute-on-chronic Liver Failure in Zagazig University Hospitals
To estimate the prevalence of Acute-on-chronic Liver Failure in Zagazig University Hospitals.
Subjects and Methods:
I . Technical Design:
- Site of the study: Gastroenterology and Hepatology Unit- Zagazig University Hospitals
- Sample size: ”all patients admitted to Gastroenterology and Hepatology Unit with the criteria of ACLF according to EASL-AASLD from June 2017 to December 2017 were included in this study”.
II . OPERATIONAL DESIGN:
- Type of the study: a prospective study.
- Full medical history – taking.
- Full clinical examination.
- Laboratory investigations including Routine laboratory investigation ” CBC, Liver functions test, kidney functions test and prothrombin time “
III. Administrative Design:
- Approvals obtained for performing the study from the official or governmental department.
- An ethical committee from the faculty of medicine and patients included in the study.
Collected data will be presented in tables and suitable graphs and analyzed according to standard statistical methods